History of Organization

The Cyprus Federation of America is  an organization formed on November 10, 1950,  and was incorporated under the laws of the State of New York, and registered under the name of Cyprus Federation of America, Inc. on May 25, 1951.

The resolution made for the establishment of K.O.A. was signed on April 12, 1951. The first constitution was approved by the First National Convention of the Federation on October 21, 1951.

The first provisional Committee of K.O.A. was composed of: Dr. S. Zavoyiannis (President), Spyros Nicholas (Vice-President), August Michaelides (Secretary), Aris Demetriou (Treasurer), Paul Pyrros, Gregory Kanetis and Mrs. Mary Kyriakides.

The Honorary President was H.B. Makarios III, Archbishop of Cyprus.